Saint Ioasaph the Bishop of Belgorod | Gold and Silver foiled icon lithography mounted on wood | Size: 3 1/2" x 2 1/2"
$19.00
& FREE Shipping
Quantity
1
Payment Methods:
About this item
St. Ioasaph the Bishop of Belgorod is the patron saint of Belgorod land. He lived in 18 century and was canonized in 1911. His relics were kept in the Holy Trinity Cathedral. The Bolsheviks ruined the cathedral in 1927.
The place of the former Holy Trinity Cathedral is on Svyato-Troitsky Boulevard, not far from the Sobornay (Cathedral) Square. It is just in that place that the formation of the city began after the third Belgorod fortress had been finished. The construction of the stone cathedral of the Holy Trinity began in the time of Sheremetyev in 1660. The cathedral was the center of the Diocese of Belgorod.